While walk-in guests are welcomed when possible, advance reservation is highly recommended to guarantee a place to stay when you arrive. If it is less than 24 hours until your arrival, please do not use our online reservation form, instead call the hostel directly @ (1) 530-546-3266 (Monday-Thursday: 9am-12pm and 4-7pm, Friday-Sunday: 8-11am and 4-7pm).
We are back from our spring break and ready for SUMMER! It looks like the sun is out and the beaches are ready for you to have lots of fun! We are now accepting reservations between June 1st and September 30th, 2018. Check out our very affordable rates and book your summer vacation now. See you soon!
Hostel Tahoe Staff
Our rates shown below INCLUDE all applicable government taxes and fees, house-made breakfast (Sat & Sun), on-site parking, wifi, towels and bedding, fully-equipped kitchen and lounge use, friendly hostel staff and unlimited travel tips and activities advice! We also offer extended stay discount! (2018 Summer and Fall Rates).
|For 2018 (Rates shown include all tax)||6/1-9/2*||9/3-9/30|
|Male and Female Dorm beds, per person||$40||$35|
|Private Queen room (for one to two)||$90||$80|
|Private Double /Triple room (for one to three)||$95||$85|
|Private Family room (for 1-4 people)||$100||$90|
- *Two night minimum stay* (subject to availability) is required: June 28-July 8, all July and August reservations that include a Friday or Saturday night stay (e.g. Thurs & Fri, Fri & Sat, or Sat & Sun), and September 1-3 (Labor Day weekend).
Extended stay discounts for Dorm rooms:
- 7+ nights: $5 off daily room rate
Extended stay discounts for all private room types (Queen/Double/Triple/Family):
- 7+ nights: $5 off daily room rate
- 20+ nights: $10 off daily room rate
- 30+ nights: Please contact Hostel Tahoe
Group accommodations (9+), wedding and meeting/event space:
Reservation Guarantee Policy:
50% of the total reservation cost is due at time of booking as a non-refundable deposit to guarantee your reservation. Your deposit will go toward your total balance. Final payment is due at check-in. Reservation is NOT confirmed until deposit is received and a confirmation email is issued to you by Hostel Tahoe. All secured reservations are subject to our cancellation policy.
All rates and dates are final upon confirmation. Rates for unconfirmed reservations are subject to change without prior notice. Specials, discounts, and other offers are subject to change without prior notice. Offers can not be combined.
Deposit payment can be made by:
- Credit/Debit card through our online reservation system or phone reservation
- Onsite with cash or checks if reservation made in person at Hostel Tahoe
Complete payment of the remaining balance is required at time of check-in. We accept cash, personal US and travelers checks, credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and Discovery, NOT AMEX) on site.
There are NO REFUNDS for late arrivals, early departures, shortening of stays or no shows.
If you need to change or cancel your reservation, a minimum of 48 hours notice is required to obtain a deposit credit (Deposit is NON-refundable). Deposit credit must be used within one year of the date of original cancellation.
Please call 530-546-3266 or email us for cancellation or change of reservation dates.
We can not guarantee weather, road or snow conditions, or any other acts of nature. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR LATE ARRIVALS OR EARLY DEPARTURES.
- All guests must present a valid government issued ID at check in (e.g. State Drivers license, ID or passport).
- Quiet Hours 10 pm to 7am, no music, no loud conversation during quiet hours
- We are a non-smoking hostel. Smoking is prohibited on premises, indoors or outside. Please walk off-site to use tobacco products. Violation of this will result in an additional $500.00 cleaning fee.
- We are a drug-free hostel. Only prescribed medications are permitted.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in a reasonable fashion in the common area and/or private and family rooms, NOT in the dorms. We reserve the rights to take appropriate actions against drunk or unruly guests.
- Hostel Tahoe has adopted a NO PETS policy on our property. As much as we love them, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate pets in our rooms, common areas, parking lot, in vehicles, or on the Hostel grounds. For service animals accommodation, please see Hostel Tahoe service animas and pets policy (Service Animals and Pets Policy link)
- For health and hygiene reasons, guests are required to use bedding/sheets provided to cover their bed, make their bed upon arrival, and remove sheets when leaving. Failure to do so will result in a $30 US per bed cleaning charge.
- Kitchen is “self-cleaning”. Please clean up after use
- Please make a best effort with trash, recycling and compost.
- Please look after your personal belongings! We cannot take responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to any guest property whatever the cause.
- Please be courteous to all guests and staff.
- Hostel Tahoe reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason if they might impact the enjoyment of other guests. Violations of Hostel Tahoe policies can result in eviction without refund.