While walk-in guests are welcomed when possible, advance reservation is highly recommended to guarantee a place to stay when you arrive. If it is less than 24 hours until your arrival, please do not use our online reservation form, instead call the hostel directly @ (1) 530-546-3266 (Between 8-11 a.m. and 4-7 pm).
Hostel Tahoe is booked exclusively for the Winter of 2017-2018 from November 1st, 2017 to March 31st, 2018, by a private entity. There is no availability during this period. Email inquiries will be answered infrequently during this period on a bi-weekly basis; it may take more than 10 days to receive a response until after March 15th, 2018.
Please be sure to check back in with us after March 15th, 2018 for 2018 Spring and Summer reservations.
We look forward to serving you in the Spring!
Hostel Tahoe Staff
Our rates shown below INCLUDE 10% TOTax, House-made Breakfast (Sat- Sun), Parking, WiFi, Towels and Bedding, Fully-equipped Kitchen and Lounge use, friendly hostel staff and unlimited travel tips and activities advice! We also offer extended stay discount! (2017 Rates).
|For 2017 (Rates shown include all tax)||9/4-10/31*|
|Male and Female Dorm beds, per person||$33.01|
|Private Queen/Double room (for two)||$65.01|
|Private Family room (for 3-4 people)||$75.01|
- *Please note that the Hostel will be closed to arrivals, check-ins, and walk-ins every Tuesday and Wednesday in October. Guests are welcome to stay thru or check-out but may not arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Nov 1-Nov 30: Hostel Tahoe closed for fall deep cleaning and maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Extended stay discounts for Dorm rooms:
- 7+ nights: $5 off daily room rate
Extended stay discounts for Private Queen/Double and Family rooms:
- 7+ nights: $5 off daily room rate
- 20+ nights: $10 off daily room rate
- 30+ nights: Please contact Hostel Tahoe
Group accommodations (9+), wedding and meeting/event space:
Reservation Guarantee Policy:
50% of the total reservation cost is due at time of booking as a non-refundable deposit to guarantee your reservation. Your deposit will go toward your total balance. Final payment is due at check-in. Reservation is NOT confirmed until deposit is received and a confirmation email is issued to you by Hostel Tahoe. All secured reservations are subject to our cancellation policy.
All rates and dates are final upon confirmation. Rates for unconfirmed reservations are subject to change without prior notice. Specials, discounts, and other offers are subject to change without prior notice. Offers can not be combined.
Deposit payment can be made by:
- Credit/Debit card through our online reservation system or phone reservation
- Checks (make payable to: Hostel Tahoe) to:
PO Box 577, Kings Beach, CA 96143-0577 USA
- Onsite with cash or checks if reservation made in person at Hostel Tahoe
Complete payment of the remaining balance is required at time of check-in. We accept cash, personal US and travelers checks, credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and Discovery, NOT AMEX) on site.
There are NO REFUNDS for late arrivals, early departures, shortening of stays or no shows.
If you need to change or cancel your reservation, a minimum of 48 hours notice is required to obtain a deposit credit (Deposit is NON-refundable). Deposit credit must be used within one year of the date of original cancellation.
Please call 530-546-3266 or email us for cancellation or change of reservation dates.
We can not guarantee weather, road or snow conditions, or any other acts of nature. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR LATE ARRIVALS OR EARLY DEPARTURES.
- All guests must present a valid government issued ID at check in (e.g. State Drivers license, ID or passport).
- Quiet Hours 10 pm to 7am, no music, no loud conversation during quiet hours
- We are a non-smoking hostel. Smoking is prohibited on premises, indoors or outside. Please walk off-site to use tobacco products.Violation of this will result in an additional $100.00 cleaning fee.
- We are a drug-free hostel. Only prescribed medications are permitted.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in a reasonable fashion in the com