While walk-in guests are welcomed, advance reservation is highly recommended to guarantee a place to stay when you arrive. If it is less than 24 hours until your arrival, please do not use our online reservation form, instead call the hostel directly @ (1) 530-546-3266 (Monday-Friday: 9am-12pm and 4-7pm, Saturday-Sunday: 8-11am and 4-7pm).
Thank you for a wonderful summer!
From September 15th to October 15th, Hostel Tahoe will be closed for fall deep cleaning, maintenance and repairs.
Feel free to check in with us after October 1st for winter arrangements!
The HT Team
Our rates shown below INCLUDE all applicable government taxes and fees. There are no extra cleaning fee or service fee if you book directly with us. We also offer extended stay discount!
|June 14th (06/14) to September 1st (09/01), 2019**||Capacity||Sunday – Thursday||Friday – Saturday|
|Male and Female Dorm bed||per 1 guest||$43||$45|
|Private Queenroom||Up to 2 guests||$95||$109|
|Private Double room||Up to 2 guests||$105||$119|
|Private Triple room||Up to 3 guests||$110||$125|
|Private Family room||For 1-2 guest(s)||$105||$119|
|For 3-4 guests||$125||$135|
|September 2nd (09/02) to September 15th (09/15), 2019||Capacity||Sunday – Thursday||Friday – Saturday|
|Male and Female Dorm bed||per 1 guest||$35||$40|
|Private Queenroom||Up to 2 guests||$85||$90|
|Private Double room||Up to 2 guests||$90||$95|
|Private Triple room||Up to 3 guests||$95||$100|
|Private Family room||For 1-2 guest(s)||$90||$95|
|For 3-4 guests||$100||$110|
- **Two night minimum stay** is required for all July and August reservations that include a Friday or Saturday night stay (e.g. Thurs & Fri, Fri & Sat, Sat & Sun). If limited by availability, one-night stay may be permitted. Please call 530-546-3266 or email email@example.com to inquire.
Extended stay discounts for Dorm beds:
- 7+ nights: $5 off daily room rate
Extended stay discounts for all private room types (Queen/Double/Triple/Family):
- 7+ nights: $5 off daily room rate
- 20+ nights: $10 off daily room rate
- 30+ nights: Please contact Hostel Tahoe
Group accommodations (9+), wedding and meeting/event space:
Reservation Guarantee Policy:
Hostel Tahoe is a small travelers’ lodge and is intended for transient travelers and tourists only. To best meet our mission for supporting travel and promoting cultural exchange, as well as to better serve and provide the best accommodation possible to all our guests, we cannot accommodate or provide housing to local residents (Kings Beach and Tahoe Vista) at our hostel. If circumstances arise, our managers may ask for proof of non-residency (e.g. photo ID, train or plan tickets).
Hostel Tahoe has also adopted the following maximum stay policy: No guest may stay at our shared dorm rooms for more than 14 consecutive nights. Once a guest reaches their 14th night, s/he is not eligible to stay at our dorms until after at least 7 days of absence. We do offer more flexibility depending upon availability for our private (queen, double and family) rooms, extended stay is permitted in our private rooms for up to 30 nights. Guest(s) who plan to stay at Hostel Tahoe for more than 14 nights may be required to sign an extended stay agreement form at time of check-in. Extended stay of 30 or more nights in our private rooms may be permitted based on approval by Hostel Tahoe management. For reservation request of 30 or more nights of stay, please email your request to us directly.
For reservation purposes, a ‘child’ is any person who is under 18 years of age. All child(ren) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to stay at Hostel Tahoe and may not stay in our dorm rooms. Young children under 6 years of age, not occupying a bed by themselves stay free. Older children from 6 to 17 years of age will be charged accordingly as a guest at Hostel Tahoe.
Full payment (100%) of the total reservation cost is required at time of booking to guarantee, confirm, and hold your reservation. All rates charged include all taxes and applicable fees. All confirmed/held reservations are subject to our guarantee, cancellation, and refund policies.
All rates and dates are final upon confirmation. Rates for unconfirmed reservations are subject to change without prior notice. Specials, discounts, and other offers cannot be combined and are subject to change without prior notice.
We accept cash, personal US and travelers checks, credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and Discovery, NOT AMEX) on site.
We do not guarantee and do not offer partial or full refund (except received before cancellation refund due date and time) in case of reservation errors (e.g. booking the wrong dates), weather, road or snow conditions, road closures, health condition changes, death, family issues, unfavorable travel circumstance (e.g. vehicle breakdown, flight cancellation/time change), or any other acts of nature. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR LATE ARRIVALS, EARLY DEPARTURES, OR SHORTENING OF STAY ONCE YOU ARE CHECKED IN OR YOUR RESERVED ARRIVAL DATE IS REACHED. We always recommend you purchase travel insurance to protect your travel investment and, in the event, that you are not able to travel, claim against your purchased policy.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Please review our cancellation policy carefully before booking as we cannot and do not make exceptions with our cancellation policy.
Due to our limited office hours, cancellation request MUST be submitted in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Free Cancellation for 48 hours. For Free Cancellation with Full refund, cancellation must be made within 48 hours of booking and at least 14 full days prior to check-in time (4 PM USA Pacific Standard Time) on the day of check-in.
- For 50% refund, cancellation must be made 7 full days prior to check-in time (4 PM USA Pacific Standard Time) on the day of check-in, otherwise no refund. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancellation request must be submitted by Friday of the previous week before check-in time (4 PM USA Pacific Standard Time).
- If cancels less than 7 days in advance or decides to leave early after check-in, the nights not spent are not refunded.
Request for change of reservation dates is considered as a cancellation of original reservation and booking of a new reservation, thus is subject to our cancellation and refund policy.
We do not guarantee and do not offer partial or full refund (except received before cancellation refund due date and time)in case of reservation errors (e.g. booking the wrong dates), weather, road or snow conditions, road closures, health condition changes, death, family issues, unfavorable travel circumstance (e.g. vehicle breakdown, flight cancellation/time change), or any other acts of nature. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR LATE ARRIVALS, EARLY DEPARTURES, OR SHORTENING OF STAY ONCE YOU ARE CHECKED IN OR YOUR RESERVED ARRIVAL DATE IS REACHED. We always recommend you purchase travel insurance to protect your travel investment and, in the event, that you are not able to travel, claim against your purchased policy.
Hostel Stay Policies:
- All guests must present a valid government issued ID at check in (e.g. State Drivers license, ID or passport).
- Your reservation shows the number of guests permitted in your room and our pricing would change with additional guests.
- Quiet Hours 10 pm to 7am, no music, no loud conversation during quiet hours
- We are a non-smoking hostel. Smoking is prohibited on premises, indoors or outside. Please walk off-site to use tobacco products. Violation of this will result in an additional $500.00 cleaning fee.
- We are a drug-free hostel. ONLY prescribed medications are permitted.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in a reasonable fashion at the Hostel but NOT in the dorm rooms. We reserve the rights to take appropriate actions against drunk or unruly guests.
- Hostel Tahoe has adopted a NO PETS policy on our property. As much as we love them, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate pets in our rooms, common areas, parking lot, in vehicles, or on the Hostel grounds. For service animals accommodation, please see Hostel Tahoe service animas and pets policy (Service Animals and Pets Policy link)
- For health and hygiene reasons, guests are required to use bedding/sheets provided to cover their beds. Failure to do so will result in a $30 US per bed cleaning charge.
- Kitchen and all common facilities are “self-cleaning”. Please clean up after use
- Please make a best effort with trash and recycling.
- Please look after your personal belongings! We cannot take responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to any guest property whatever the cause.
- All individuals using Hostel Tahoe facilities (e.g. room, communal kitchen, lounge, dining area, courtyard, and BBQ area) must be paying and registered guests. This is for the security of all our guests who expect that we can identify everyone in our building and provide a secure environment.
- Please be courteous to all guests and staff.
- Hostel Tahoe reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason if they might impact the enjoyment of other guests. Violations of Hostel Tahoe policies, terms and conditions can result in eviction without refund.