We offer a variety of rooms well suited for individual travelers, couples, families and groups. Select from: Male Dorm, Female Dorm , Private Queen/Double Rooms , or Private Family Rooms, all with private bathroom, comfortable mattresses, pillows, fresh clean towels and bedding, and basic toiletries supply (Yes, Dr. Bronner’s organic soap!).
Separate dorm rooms for our male and female guests (4 bed space in each). Our dorm rooms are equipped with in-room bathroom, so you don’t need to step out into the cold for bathroom businesses. There are also plenty of closet space for storage and designated spots for drying and storing wet or snow gear, so you will be ready to hit the mountains the next morning.We also have lockers in our dorm rooms big enough for laptop storage (just bring your own lock!)
Private Queen/Double/Triple Rooms
Our private queen, double, and triple rooms are perfect for couple’s retreat or a small group. A comfortable queen size bed (Private Queen room) or a two beds set up (Private Double/Triple room), private bathroom, soothing waves wall mural create just the right amount of coziness for two or three. Of course, you can always indulge yourself, solo travelers!
Private Family Rooms
These rooms are great for families or groups of three or more who seek exclusive room usage. Our family rooms have private bathrooms, either two sets of bunk beds, or twin over double and a separate twin, and can sleep up to 4 people. Prices for these rooms per person are less than three of our dorm beds, a definite bargain for having a room all to yourselves!
Fully-equipped Kitchen, Common Lounge, Outdoor Patio and BBQ
We encourage our guests to prepare their own meals in our fully-equipped communal kitchen. There are several grocery stores within walking distance from Hostel Tahoe. We provide plenty of cookware, utensils, dishes, and refrigerator/freezer storage space. We also keep several basic pantry items stocked, e.g. oil, salt, pepper sugar, garlic, etc. Lake Tahoe has one of our nation’s best drinking water, so bring a refillable water bottle and Drink Tahoe Tap!
Lounge and relax by our cozy fireplace, read a book, play some music, watch a movie, and meet some new friends!
- Free on-site parking
- Free WiFi
- Free personal lockers in our dorm rooms (Just bring your own lock!)
- Free Breakfast, House-made granola and Baked goods (Sat & Sun 8-10am)
- Free maps, info, and tips on trips
- Comfortable lounge with fireplace, plenty of books, board games, movies and even a guitar to play with (See pictures)
- Fully equipped kitchen with stocked basic pantry items (Some of our guests even thought it is better than their home kitchen!) (See pictures)
- Patio with picnic tables and barbecue
- Walking distance to the beach, Lake Tahoe and town, no car needed
- Close to TART Bus Stop, Squaw, Alpine Meadows, and Northstar Shuttles
- Minutes from hiking, biking, kayaking, skiing, Lake Tahoe, and Crystal Bay