Check In and Check Out hours:
- Check-in: 4:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
(For after hours check in, i.e. after 7 p.m., request must be made prior to arrival, please call (1) 530-354-3266 or email us.
- Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
- Adults MUST provide a valid government-issued picture identification card (passport, driver’s license, or state or military ID card) at time of check-in.
Reception Front Desk Hours:
Rooms and Common Facilities Access:
24 Hours (No Curfew or Lock out time)
We are open DAILY Year-Round!
Reservation Guarantee Policy:
Hostel Tahoe is a small travelers’ lodge and is intended for transient travelers and tourists only. To best meet our mission for supporting travel and promoting cultural exchange, as well as to better serve and provide the best accommodation possible to all our guests, we cannot accommodate or provide housing to local residents (Kings Beach and Tahoe Vista) at our hostel. If circumstances arise, our managers may ask for proof of non-residency (e.g. photo ID, train or plan tickets).
Hostel Tahoe has also adopted the following maximum stay policy: No guest may stay at our shared dorm rooms for more than 14 consecutive nights. Once a guest reaches their 14th night, s/he is not eligible to stay at our dorms until after at least 7 days of absence. We do offer more flexibility depending upon availability for our private (queen, double and family) rooms, extended stay is permitted in our private rooms for up to 29 nights. Guest(s) who plan to stay at Hostel Tahoe for more than 14 nights may be required to sign an extended stay agreement form at time of check-in. Extended stay of 30 or more nights in our private rooms may be permitted based on approval by Hostel Tahoe management. For reservation request of 30 or more nights of stay, please email your request to us directly.
For reservation purposes, a ‘child’ is any person who is 12 years of age or younger. Anyone who is older than 13 years of age will be considered an adult and will be charged accordingly. All individual under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to stay at Hostel Tahoe. If you are traveling with children under 10 years of age, you are required to book a private room.
50% of the total reservation cost is due at time of booking as a non-refundable deposit to guarantee your reservation. Your deposit will go toward your total balance. Final payment is due at check-in. Reservation is NOT confirmed until deposit is received and a confirmation email is issued to you by Hostel Tahoe. All secured reservations are subject to our cancellation policy.
All rates and dates are final upon confirmation. Rates for unconfirmed reservations are subject to change without prior notice. Specials, discounts, and other offers are subject to change without prior notice. Offers can not be combined.
Deposit payment can be made by:
- Credit/Debit card through our online reservation system or phone reservation
- Checks (make payable to: Hostel Tahoe) to:
PO Box 577, Kings Beach, CA 96143-0577 USA
- Onsite with cash or checks if reservation made in person at Hostel Tahoe
Complete payment of the remaining balance is required at time of check-in. We accept cash, personal US and travelers checks, credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and Discovery, NOT AMEX) on site.
There are NO REFUNDS for late arrivals, early departures, shortening of stays or no shows.
If you need to change or cancel your reservation, a minimum of 48 hours notice is required to obtain a deposit credit (Deposit is NON-refundable). Deposit credit must be used within one year of the date of original cancellation.
Please call 530-546-3266 or email us. for cancellation or change of reservation dates.
We can not guarantee weather, road or snow conditions, or any other acts of nature. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR LATE ARRIVALS OR EARLY DEPARTURES.
- All guests must present a valid government issued ID at check in (e.g. State Drivers license, ID or passport).
- Quiet Hours 10 pm to 7am, no music, no loud conversation during quiet hours
- We are a non-smoking hostel. Smoking is prohibited on premises, indoors or outside. Please walk off-site to use tobacco products. Violation of this will result in an additional $500.00 cleaning fee.
- We are a drug-free hostel. Only prescribed medications are permitted.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in a reasonable fashion in the common area and/or private and family rooms, NOT in the dorms. We reserve the rights to take appropriate actions against drunk or unruly guests.
- Hostel Tahoe has adopted a NO PETS policy on our property. As much as we love them, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate pets in our rooms, common areas, parking lot, in vehicles, or on the Hostel grounds. For service animals accommodation, please see Hostel Tahoe service animas and pets policy (Service Animals and Pets Policy link)
- For health and hygiene reasons, guests are required to use bedding/sheets provided to cover their bed, make their bed upon arrival, and remove sheets when leaving. Failure to do so will result in a $30 US per bed cleaning charge.
- Kitchen is “self-cleaning”. Please clean up after use
- Please make a best effort with trash, recycling and compost.
- Please look after your personal belongings! We cannot take responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to any guest property whatever the cause.
- Please be courteous to all guests and staff.
- Hostel Tahoe reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason if they might impact the enjoyment of other guests. Violations of Hostel Tahoe policies can result in eviction without refund.